Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Black Belt Club: night on the mountain of fear

Night on the Mountain of Fear is about the Black Belt Club going to a mountain of fear & hatred to where a Heyoka lives. a Heyoka is half man half coyote. The Heyoka is the hate-master. He was trapped inside of the mountain of fear for a very long time. Then he got out and all the animals were full with anger and hatred which made him stronger. The black belt club used the four winds kata to get to the mountain of fear where Grandmother Dancingfeather gave Max a quartz crystal, Antonio magical maracas, Jamie a striped seashell and Maia got an indian fan. They had to put them all into the rockman for the four elements, fire, earth, water and wind. They all had to place their things into each direction of where their elements came from. They defeated the Heyoka by saying happy things and things that make them laugh and what they love.

My favorite part was when Max shouted "my favorite thing is having friends." That made the Heyoka turn back into a coyote. I liked this part because then I learned that the Heyoka was really a coyote. I like Max because he likes to have friends just like me.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to remember an old Star Trek where the monster fed on anger and starved on good thoughts. I guess most of thrive on good thoughts.

    Friends are the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete